The ReversalWe had planned a trip to visit my husband's brother and his family at their home in Texas. The Lord planned it perfectly that we already had that trip planned when He put it on my husband's heart to get a reversal. For we live in Indiana and the Dr. my husband felt good about was in Arkansas - right along the way to his brother's house!
It was a blessed day. Right away walking into the waiting room at Dr. Stanton's office I could sense the presence of the Lord there. The walls were covered with plaques with scripture. He had my husband and I come in together and talk with him before the procedure. He wanted to make sure we were in agreement and hear our story of what had brought us to this decision. He is a godly man who does reversals at a very reduced cost. The Lord put it on his heart to do this as a ministry. He was a blessing. He made sure we understood what was to take place and spoke of how he was simply an instrument, it would be up to the Lord if He chose to give us more children. He prayed with us before I went out. The procedure went well. My husband would tell you it was more unpleasant than the original surgery though! That night we headed on to his brother's house, without them even knowing he was having this procedure done! (He did decide to tell them that night and it was a very special time to reflect on how the Lord had led both of us). That Sunday we went to their church with them and what did the Pastor speak on? He spoke on that God said for His children to be fruitful and multiply!!! You can't tell me that was coincidence. I felt the Lord was smiling on us.
The whole experience was so beautiful to me because I knew it was God ordained. I saw His hand in it all. I remember seeing my husband's entire abdomen black and blue from the bruising. My eyes filled with tears. I was full of admiration for my husband. He did this for the LORD! There is nothing more beautiful than a husband surrendered to whatever God asks of him. Within the weeks following the procedure I stood in awe of how the Lord took my husband from adamantly saying "The Lord must be gonna wipe me out and give you another husband because I am not getting a reversal!" to shortly after the procedure hearing him say "I figure we could fit 12 children in our house."
Naturally, I hoped I'd get pregnant right away. Well, in early May I realized I had been pregnant when I had a very early miscarriage. It was not upsetting though. I was in awe of the reality that I had conceived and so quickly! I felt like the Lord was saying to me "See, I put your husband back together! Now trust me for my timing."
At this time, to my knowledge, I am not yet pregnant. I don't doubt the Lord will fulfill His promise, in His perfect way, and in His perfect timing.
Another special thing is that our oldest daughter has been praying for a year that the Lord will give her another baby sister! Her prayers began before the reversal even occurred! Actually her request is twins! LOL! We do hope the wait won't be long as we want her to see for herself that God does hear and care about the desires of our heart. God is good. His plan is perfect.
Joanna






Thanks girl you have a beautiful way of giving Hope... We can trust the Lord to work out His Will in our lives if we will wait patiently for Him. I can't wait to see how God blesses you next. My oldest daughter prayed for the last two siblings and her prayer helped change her Daddy's heart. The awesome thing about it though is that this time she prayed for a sister and got another brother instead so it was an opportunity to teach her that God always answers our prayers, but He knows what is best for our family and that we must trust Him in that... TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
ReplyDeleteJO,
ReplyDeletePraise God for what He has been doing in your life!
Please leave your comment for my new post http://eminoah.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-do-you-learn-from-difficulties.html
I definitely need your comment to be posted...
God be with you,
Emi