You can read our Quiver-full Story HERE. To read the whole story scroll down after clicking above and start with part one!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Quiver-Full Story - Part Four

God's Promise

One day in November I had a special time with God that I won't ever forget. I was thanking Him for the miracle He did in my marriage. I was talking aloud to Him of how I knew He had told me I had 6 months to get on the ball and that I realized the 6months had now ended. I was pleaing with Him that He would please see it fit to do whatever more in our lives He had desired to do. I spoke of how I had really felt that the "more" was more children but that maybe it was something different than I thought. I said that I knew that if He had desired to give us more children He could easily do it; whether that be allowing me to become pregnant in spite of the vasectomy OR even more to do a miracle in my husband's heart and give him the desire to get a reversal. I continued praying about these things. During that time the Lord spoke to me so clearly, repeating the following words to me twice. He said, "Because you praised My name when you had the miscarriage (see Our Quiver-full story part 1) I'm giving you that child now." I balled and sang once again as I had done so many years before "Praise the name of Jesus! He's my rock. He's my fortress. He's my deliverer. In Him will I trust!" I was exuberant. So, began my time of trusting God to fulfill His promise!

I didn't say anything about that day in early November to my husband until around Christmas. I remember sitting with him and my Mom at my parent's home. I told them that the Lord had given me the promise of another child. My husband's response was (this still makes me chuckle) "Well, then God must be gonna wipe me out and give you another husband because I am not having more children!" This response did not surprise me nor did it sway my confidence in what the Lord had promised me. I smile now every time I remember his response because I now know what the Lord did in his heart, like only He could, in the weeks after he spoke those words!

Next post: "Crisis brings Surrenderance"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!